The Westinghouse WH1000i portable inverter is not just a product; it also carries a legacy in its name. It comes from the stable of Westinghouse Electric Corporation, a company that has been supplying dependable and efficient power equipment to the world for over a century.
The company has earned its reputation with commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard for its products. Each product that comes from the Westinghouse manufacturing unit boasts innovative technology and advanced features.
In this review, we will examine the Westinghouse WH1000i portable inverter and find out whether or not it stands up to the reputation of its brand.
When we looked at the Westinghouse WH1000i, we found the external appearance rather amusing as it resembles a cassette player. It has an easy to grab handle on the top to enable you to carry the portable generator with you wherever you go.
Just where the handle ends, you will find the cap of the fuel tank. When the indicator shows you a ‘low oil’ status, you just need to remove the cap and refill the tank with gasoline.
On the front side, you can see a rectangular box with round edges. It contains several important buttons, AC outlets and indicators. The on/off switch is located on the right-hand side along with the cable for a pull start.
We like the compact design of the generator and appreciate how lightweight the equipment is. This adds to the portability of the inverter.
Starting the generator is so simple that even a novice can use it with ease. The plug and play system makes it easier to just pull the cable and start the equipment. It offers 1800 running watts / 2200 starting watts power. The equipment can safely run a wide range of sensitive electronics such as computers, laptops, cell phones and more.
When it comes to performance, the WH1000i has emerged as a leader. If you turn on the efficiency mode, a 1.3-gallon gas tank can last for about 13 Hours with 25% load. So, it can run all night and last longer in emergency situations. There are two 120V household power outlets and one 12V DC power outlet that can run your favorite electronic devices safely.
The manufacturer stands behind its product and offers a three-year warranty and lifetime technical support with WH1000i. However there are several clauses with the warranty service which makes it not very reliable.
- Measures 17.8 x 12.5 x 20.3 inches
- Weighs 43 pounds
- 120 voltage
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- EPA/CARB Compliant
- Three Year Warranty
- Two 120VAC Outlets and One 12V DC Power Outlets
- This generator is highly portable and lighter than traditional devices
- It boasts a quiet operation which makes it good for night use
- It shuts down automatically when the oil becomes low
- Simple plug and play functionality makes it easier to use
- It can give you a maximum run time of 13 hours
- It can safely run sensitive devices
- It is highly economical and fuel efficient
- It costs much less than other competitive products in the market
- The fuel efficiency level is really good
- It looks reliable and works as advertised
- The customer support is friendly and responsive
- It comes with oil, funnel, screwdriver, spark plug and user guide
- The warranty service is tricky and can be denied for special clauses
- Westpro uses the services of a third party warranty company
The Westinghouse WH1000i is a compact and well-designed portable inverter which can be easily carried from one location to another. It is almost half the weight of competitor products and operates so quietly that people will hardly notice that it’s there.
We were also impressed by the plethora of features that make this equipment highly dependable and economic. There are different types of power outlets that can run several small and sensitive devices safely.
The enhanced fuel efficiency and incredible performance of the generator did not fail to impress us. It can last throughout the night on 25% load so it works great while camping outdoors. The manufacturer has also taken great care to make the product safe for use at home or on job sites. It shuts down automatically when the oil level gets low.
Our only concern is the warranty which appears great but if you dig deeper, it is not very reliable. There are many clauses and most of the services can be denied for one reason or another.